Monday, February 16, 2009

Erika Johnsen

Hey hey hey... well it has been a couple months since i have made it on to the blog, but I accept Jen's New Years Resolution.... Well January was a blurr... it started off in the haze of the holidays and finally getting a chance to breathe having come home from Hawaii in to a mess of holiday parties and gatherings. It was all good though, the speed of it all allowed me to quickly push to the back of my my the warm weather I had just left and quickly catch up with all the people I had been missing for months. For those who don't know I moved back into my sister's basement and have thoroughly enjoyed waking up every morning to the pitter patter of addie's little feel on the tile above my room. We have a ritual, every night I clean out my room of all of her toys and stuffed animals, and every day without fail she comes down and kindly places them all back in there, scattering them through the nooks and crannies of my stuff. It is all in good fun until she takes my stuff and hides it in her toys... I was missing a part to my guitar for a week until we found it in her piggy bank. :) I love it though. It makes me all the more excited to have my own family one day.
Things have fallen into a routine, I picked up a couple of institute classes up at the U and a Spanish class every tuesday night with Jen from Granite school district, I finally hunkered down and got a gym membership and as of last monday Jenna and I are faithful goers. We will see how long that lasts. I am really excited about my ward, those who haven't had the feeling of moving around every four months for years on end will underestimate the joy of having a calling, visiting teachers, knowing names of those you are sitting next to, and all the things people complain about. I've missed them. I am on the activities committee and as of today have Visiting Teachees and I am stoked about it! I am involved in a couple of book clubs one for my ward and the other with my family and really like that someone else can figure out what I am supposed to read, wandering the library or bookstore is a little overwhelming for me!

Work is going good, nothing to report on there.. it is just the same and the same works for now. Family is all good Stan is still doing swell in DC, and just got moved to a ritzy place where I guess the Marriotts live along with a few other really well to do active members. So I am sure he will get fed well.

Life is random at best, but I am finally getting into the the swing of things and getting around to tying up lose ends, and hanging with old friends. The future is still unknown but the Lord knows my questions so I am giving him a break from my nagging and playing it by ear for a while. All is well Love you all! Happy Valentines day!!

Love Erika

No comments: