Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Jen Macfarlane

Well, things are good in the Macfarlane household...Jimmy just wrapped another semester and finals--gosh, even though I don't have finals--it feels like I do, just becuase seeing Jimmy stressed out makes me stressed out! :-) Luckily, Jimmy will be graduating this summer and so I only have to go through "sympathy finals" one more time. I can't remember if I told everyone this--but we are not going to AZ this summer. Instead, Jimmy is going to take 21 credits--so he can just be done with school and graduate. Our "rough draft" of a life plan goes something like this: Jimmy works and graduates this summer, I sit on my butt and get un-employment checks this summer (since I'm a teacher I have nothing to do this summer--crap, I need a BABY!) In August we move to Salt Lake and live with my parents--YIKES/FREE RENT! ! Jimmy gets a job at an invest firm in SLC and I get a teaching job in a district around there. After a couple of months, we buy a house that will be close to where we are working. After two years, Jimmy will go to grad school--he's shooting for Harvard, we'll see where we end up! After 4 more years of school, Jimmy gets a job and we settle down...aahh, that will be nice. So, I'm finally done driving to Idaho every day...but now, I have to drive to Snowville every day--yeah, it's like an hour west of Logan--think west side of I-15...in the boonies. My job will wrap up the end of May and then who knows what after that. Hmm, maybe I will take up knitting, fly-fishing, or street hockey. If you have any ideas on how to keep busy this summer--let me know! Oh, so last night Jimmy and I started BOOT CAMP at the Sports Academy--it is a four-week killer camp!! I decided if I'm not going to be fat from being pregnant, I'm at least going to be skinny! So, the diet is on and so is my drive to workout...I'll let ya know how it goes--if I ever make it to the end! Well, we are excited to be here for the summer. We will have to plan some fun group dates and get togethers. Congratulations to the GRADS!! Best wishes for Val as she starts a rough life of laying on the beach in Cali. And congrats to Shay for having a baby BOY! How, fun! I love you and miss you all! Love, Jen

No comments: