It always amazes me how fast a month goes by when I have a reminder at
the end of everyone that another month is beginning. The only thing that
makes it even crazier is that everyone says it just speeds up more and more
every year... right now I can't see how that is possible!! Life is just rushing
by!
This will actually be the last time I will update you all as a
college student!! By the time next month's update is out I'll be done!!
Wierd! I'll just wrapping everything up now, finishing projects,
and assignments, my stupid computer literacy tests that I have put off
until the very last semester, and I'm working on getting all my portfolio
up and on the web. I have to remind myself daily that I am growing up, and
that there is no need to fear, the Lord will lead me to where I need to go!
Where that is you might ask?... I have no clue. Right now I am thinking
that afer graduation I am going to move home to my dad's for about 6 months
just so I can get my bearings and a little more idea of what life after
college willl entail. I'll get a job lined up, a future path set, a little
money in the bank, and then I think I am going to buy a condo, get some
roommates and try that. Or at least that is what I am trying to plan on.
Nothing is set in stone though. We'll see. Right now I just have my resumé
floating around design firms in Utah, trying to get my name and work out there.
I haven't foud anything substantial yet, but I'm looking, so i'll let you know.
Everything else seems to be coming to an end too, IWA has only a couple
more things planned. The new president gets announced on April 5th...
yup this week! Crazy! I had my last meeting with all of the chapter
presidents last wednesday, and one by one I am having my lasts. I
think the hardest day will be the 13th, when I have my last night with
my presidency and advisors. This is one thing I hate about an
amazing calling... letting it go! I guess it's something that you can never
really fully get used to. I'll miss it! Everyone keeps asking me if I
am excited about having the wieght off my shoulders, and my answer is No...
I have, and never will be excited about letting go of something that
has been such a blessing in my life! But I'll live, and I'm sure I'll
find something that I love just as much wherever I go from here. (or at
least that is what I keep telling myself.) Don't worry, I'm not just all
depressing, I have good news too... IWA is actually a finalist for
organization of the year!! So I'll go to the ceremony at the end of April
and let you all know if we win. GO IWA!
Alright, what else can I update you on... my mom is really and in all
actuallity moving to Arizona. She has claimed she is moving over 20
different times in my life, to Oregon, to Arkansas, to California, to
Hawaii, and the Carolinas, so I wasn't quite sure whether to take her
seriously or not, but someone is making an offer on the house today, so
I think she might be serious. It'll be wierd having her so far away,
but life happens, so now I just have a warm place to go and stay during
the cold winter months, and who knows I might end up out there once they
get settled if I feel like I need a change from Utah. I'll let her go and
set up camp before I start thinking about it.
Other than that I just got back a week and a half ago from California,
Spring Break 07!! It was awesome! I spent a week down there with some
girlfriends. We stayed in Hunnington Beach, went into LA one day, saw
Wicked (AMAZING), toured Warner Brother's, did baptisms in both the
New Port Beach and San Diego temple, spent a day in Vegas, a couple
nights in St. George, played at the beach, ate at cute California resturaunts,
came home rested, tanned, and with 21 pairs of shoes between the 6 of us!
Ü (I just had one of those but I made up for it in other areas) Yeah, so
it was awesome. I am now just trying to get used to the idea of not
having a vacation in the future. But I should have figured I would have
to come back to real life sooner or later. Sorry Lori that I missed
the wedding, I heard it was amazing! I'm giving you the two week
honeymoon-get into real life courtesy, before I call you to see how
everything went. But you can expect to hear
from me.
Ok I hope everything is going well with all yall... I am so excited
to move back around all of you and get back in the loop of what is going
on in your lives. Keep me updated! Thanks Jen for keeping this whole
thing running, I am sure it is no small task but I really appreciate it! I
love you all, hope you have had a wonderful month.
Love Erika
Tuesday, April 3, 2007
Erika Johnsen
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment