Ahh, December. I feel like it was the slowest month of my life. I got sick in the first week of December which threw me into early labor and I thought for sure that Jimmy was coming. But I stayed in bed and he stayed in my tummy . . . now he is only too content to be there. Anyone got the flu bug they want to share? :) So, everyday and each night was (and still is) filled with "I wonder if today is the day" It is so different to be looking for all of the signs of labor as opposed to be completely bombarded with it all in one night. Jared asked me which I prefer and I told him after Jimmy comes I'll let him know.
Christmas was wonderful! Our little Emmie, who absolutely lights up our lives anyway was a complete doll and made each day an adventure. There is something about children that makes Christmas so much more exciting. Emmie still didn't quite understand the whole "Santa Claus brings the presents so I have to be good" idea, which is good because she came with Mommy to do all of her shopping and even picked between items of what she really wanted. By far our favorite gift for her was the little table and chair that Jared made for her. We were so excited to see her face light up (which it most adequately did and made Daddy's Christmas) when she saw it. She hasn't eaten in her high chair for quite some time now. :)
Now for my naughty little secret . . . Jared and I had decided that we weren't going to get eachother gifts and that we would use the money to put towards a trip this summer to the Oregon Coast. (Anyone want to come?) However, before we made this decision I had already secretly been going up to Jared's Uncle Bob's house and cleaning and doing some light yard work to earn money to buy Jared a Router (that's a tool you need to make stuff). So I figured since the Router was basically bought, it was void in this little agreement. Well, it made December pass even slower as I anxiously awaited to give him my little gift. Needless to say, it made my Christmas to give it to him. I was so happy to be able to work and do something without him knowing and without him paying for it. I think the time and effort I put into being able to buy it meant as much to Jared as the Router itself. His response was complete bliss (after he got over the initial "You are so naughty!" shock) He appropriately showed it off to everyone and broke open the box and was like a kid in a candy store. So, that made my Christmas.
January will bring many changes, and I especially am looking forward to my little James Carter to join our family. Don't worry. All of you will be notified when I go into labor, and when Jimmy finally makes it here. We love you all and we are so glad that another wonderful year could be spent with each of you!
Love,
Val
No comments:
Post a Comment