Thursday, July 3, 2008
Jen Macfarlane
Hey girlies...well, June went by so quickly I can't believe it! So, the school year finished up a couple of weeks ago--wow, my fir
st full year of teaching is finally under my belt! It was great! I love my kids and job so much I was so sad to leave. Luckily, my job is being "saved" for me--so when we come back to Utah I can stay in my same position. On Friday the 13th, I took a red-eye flight out to New York and another adventure began. Jimmy was so excited to have me out here that he planned out our whole day on Saturday. It was so much fun! I can't tell you how nice it was to finally be back together...it was a very long ten weeks apart! We have done lots of fun things in the last two weeks since I've been here. One weekend went to the Bodies Exhibit (fascinating) and Coney Island. Ha, Coney Island was an experience...when we got there we noticed a parade going on. It was the Mermaid Parade--let me just tell you...if you thought there were some interesting "characters" at the Utah State Fair--you haven't seen anything until you have been to the Coney Island Mermaid Par
ade (which I don't suggest). It was WILD! So, we stayed as far away from the parade as possible but enjoyed the beach, pier and Nathans FAMOUS hot dogs! This last weekend I helped with the NY, NY Stake Youth Conference. It was a blast--we stayed in the city and took the kids all over the island. We went to the Today Show, walked the Brooklyn Bridge, took a church history tour, went to China Town, took a cruise around the island, visited the Statue of Liberty, did baptisms at the Manhattan Temple and went to STOMP. It felt like the longest weekend of my life--but it was a great experience. The youth in the stake are so great--most of them have lived in New York their whole lives and have never done any of those activities. They had a blast! So, I also got a job as a nanny--which will work out great for the time that we are here. The baby isn't even born yet, so I will start in a couple of weeks after he is born. I'm so excited to take ca
re of another newborn--yay! We will see if that helps curb my baby appetite--doubtful. :-) Well, Jimmy is still working really long hours but he is usually home before 10 every night-so that is a bonus. I figure if I get to see him for a couple hours a night and on the weekends--than that is better than nothing. He is liking his job and we are having a blast out here. Well, I miss you all! And hope you guys are having a great summer! Well, we love you all! Jimmy and Jen
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment