Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Erika Johnsen

Hey hey hey... update time!! Ok so things have settled down by leapsand bounds since the last time I blogged my life... I don't haveanything close to the curve ball I threw everyone in September butthings are always changing. I am currently still homeless in a sense, in that I sleep on someone'scouch and have for a month now. But in other ways I am so far from itbecause the girls that I am staying with are awesome, and the couchain't that bad. They have been so great to put up with another body intheir townhouse of 10 plus me. (yup 10 girls) and when you have thatmany, i mean, what's one more. Ü no but seriously its actually reallycool because even though I was looking for a place to live and keptreaching dead ends I can see why Heavenly Father needed me here for afew big reasons. One of which being one of the girls is a convert tothe church for about a year now. We have had a few really neatexperiences and discussions that have helped recharge my desire tofully understand what it is I believe, and I can just tell that weneeded to be living in the same place in order to create those instantbonds and be able to communicate on such a deep level so quickly. Sheis awesome. I hope one day all of you can meet her, she is inspiring.It amazes me how much strength it takes to convert later in life! Beyond that I am currently taking one class that meets one time aweek. Yup.. its a pretty stressful life. The rest of the time I amjust taking institute and working full time, and playing all night. Itis awesome. A couple other big things have happened too... my sister Jenna had herfirst baby September 22, at 9:57. Her name is Addison Murray, and sheis the cutest thing ever. I am so stoked to go home for conference andplay with her all weekend. On a less bright note my grandpa passed away on the 11th, and Iattended the first funeral of a loved one. But I say less-bright,because he had been diagnosed 14 months prior with ALS, or morecommonly known as Lou Gehrig's Disease, a mean disease that basicallytakes your body nerve by nerve, and we are all happy to know that heis free from the pain, and has found peace. Man it makes me gratefulfor the gospel, and what I know about where he is. Also I was lucklyto have been able to go out there for labor day and spend a wholeweekend with just him, my grandma and I. So I am actually doing reallywell with it. oh and it is actually an Iranian custom to gathertogether 40 days after a love one passes and celebrate their life, soI am going out to Arizona in a few weeks and I am really lookingforward to celebrating the man that he is. Beyond that... by the time you all read this I will be an old fart!Yup 23.... one foot in the grave. Ok so not really but man I neverREALLY thought I would get to 23. Kinda like I don't REALLY feel likeI'll ever get to 30, or 40 or any of the years after that. Life isgoing by too fast! I swear I just had a birthday! Whatever, I'llcelebrate again I suppose. I am trying to think of anything else going on, but really I thinkthat about covers it. All in all life is just good and I am glad to bewhere I am even if I do miss all yall back home. Hey if any of youhave any ideas of what I should do with the rest of my life... justholla, I'm taking external opinions and suggestions. Ü Ok... I loveyou all! Hope you have a marvelous day! Love alwaysKortekumyumyum

No comments: