Saturday, September 8, 2007

Mel Griffith--NOW

Hey ladies!
Well everyone… I survived Korea! Most of you have seen me since I got home but I didn’t talk much about the trip. Yes I went to the bath house and hung out a little bit with all the very old and very wrinkly and very naked Korean ladies but only for a few minutes, then I went upstairs. J
But all in all the trip was awesome!!! We spent the first few days in Seoul, the HUGE city/capitol of South Korea. We stayed at one of our friends spare apartments so the living conditions weren’t too bad. I slept on the floor the whole time too! I don’t know how those people get around, I was so sore from sleeping on the hardwood! So we just traveled around for a while and met up with friends that Matt used to work for in Utah. Oh and the airline lost all my luggage ( I hate China Airlines) and then I lost my purse with our passports and airline tickets home so one day was full of rushing around trying to find it. Long story short I left it in a taxi and the driver took it to his headquarters and we got it back and nothing was missing. Amazing! Then we went down to the south part of the country where I stayed in the Ghetto for a week, and I mean GHE-TTO!! I slept in a room with seven other people, I ate goat and lots of other stuff that I have no idea what it was. The people there are amazing though and they took very good care of us. We stayed with 2 families but we also hung out with a lot of the families from the branch that matt served in. Honestly girls the people there are so loving! And all the kids thought I was a movie star, it was so funny! They’d run to me and touch my blonde hair, white skin and they’d stare into my eyes like they had never seen a white person before. (Some hadn’t). We went to the Korea temple with them and that was fun. All the rice fields were beautiful and matt and I would take a scooter ride each morning through the country, it really was like a movie I loved it! I only had one break down on the whole trip ant that was when I was showering and my hands got caught in spider webs as I was trying to wash my hair. The house we stayed in was so gross but that’s just how they live and I couldn’t believe the conditions! They’re happy though because they don’t really know what else is out there ya know what I mean? Anyways, if you want to hear more I have mega stories!! Congrats to Battles and Mel for their weddings! Congrats to Christie for the upcoming baby #2!!!!!! And congrats to Shay for the new arrival!!! I love you all!
Mel Jo

No comments: